Iberdrola believes that the preservation of the biological diversity of ecosystems is essential to ensure a supply of competitive, clean, and sustainable energy. To maintain the environmental balance, Iberdrola is committed to achieving the full preservation of biodiversity by 2030. In this context, Iberdrola is launching the Decarbonization & Electrification of the Agricultural & Livestock Sector Startup Challenge.
Join Iberdrola in their Journey towards Sustainable Innovation & Decarbonization
In recent years, Iberdrola has carried out more than 1 450 actions to protect biodiversity, combining the development of renewable projects with the conservation of the diversity of flora and fauna as well as natural heritage. Iberdrola has set itself a reforestation target of 20 million trees by the end of the decade, capable of capturing approximately six million tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) in 30 years.
Through its International Startup Program, PERSEO, and in collaboration with ASAJA and WOLARIA, Iberdrola seeks innovative solutions that enable the decarbonization and electrification of the agricultural and livestock sector, promoting the dissemination of renewable energies in rural areas and the electrification of the countryside.
Scale Your Business with the WOLARIA Open Innovation Program
The Junta de Castilla y León, through the Institute for Business Competitiveness (ICE), facilitates the arrival of startups to the market. ICE, through its WOLARIA Open Innovation program, in partnership with Iberdrola, launched this program to solve the challenges of the region’s benchmark industries and entities.
ICE works to strengthen the business fabric in the community, with support and funding for entrepreneurship, growth, and investment in companies, research, development & innovation. It offers a comprehensive service to entrepreneurs, and through WOLARIA, the region’s startup accelerator, promotes businesses with high growth potential.
Are You Building Sustainable Agriculture & Livestock Solutions?
The aim of the challenge is to promote and support zero-emission agriculture and livestock farming. Interesting areas include solutions for energy efficiency, self-consumption, and sustainable mobility, among others.
The challenge seeks measures in favor of biodiversity preservation, carbon capture, circular economy, and the promotion of new zero-emission fertilizers, such as:
- Energy Efficiency & Self-Consumption Monitoring: To reduce emissions from energy use for farm air-conditioning, irrigation, and other mechanized processes in rural areas.
- Sustainable Mobility & Electrification: To reduce emissions from the use of fossil fuel for mobility and operating agricultural machinery.
- Zero-Emission Fertilizer: To reduce emissions associated with synthetic fertilizers.
- Circular Economy & Methane Emission Reduction: Solutions and business models that enable zero-emission management of agricultural and livestock waste, as well as emissions from animal digestive processes.
- Carbon Capture & Biodiversity Conservation: Solutions that allow the sequestration of CO2 in soils and the generation of carbon credits.
Discover the Exciting Prize & Benefits Up for Grabs & Apply Today!
The prize will consist of a collaboration and test agreement with PERSEO or any other group company, which will:
- Support the cost of the activities
- Provide the winner with all necessary technical support
- Access to a site and real data to test the solution
- Access to equipment, teams, infrastructure, high technology sites and shared work areas
In addition, the startup will have the option to receive strategic and market advice from the Competitiveness Institute of Castilla y León in the framework of its WOLARIA program.
If the assay or test of the concept is satisfactory, Iberdrola may offer the winner the opportunity to scale up the solution, adapting it by means of commercial agreements. What’s more, PERSEO will consider investing in the participating company and/or the winner of the challenge!
The selected project will be undertaken in collaboration with technical specialists from the Iberdrola Renewables area.
What is the Evalutation Criteria?
The team of experts from Iberdrola, ASAJA and WOLARIA will select the innovative solution(s) that enable the decarbonization and electrification of agriculture and livestock. The following factors will be taken into consideration, among others:
- The degree of electrification of the proposal (if applicable),
- Extent of emissions reduction and environmental friendliness
- Maturity, reliability, and scalability of the solution and company
- Simplicity of installation and operation of the solution
- Cost of investment and operation of the solution
- Optimization of current costs
Key Dates for the Iberdrola Decarbonization & Electrification of the Agricultural & Livestock Sector Startup Challenge
Applications are now open!
- Last Date for Submissions: 10 July 2022
- Application Evaluation Period: July-August 2022
- Pilot Project: 2022
Ready to scale your innovative solution & join Iberdrola’s decarbonization journey? Apply now!
Sharing is Caring!