MassChallenge is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting innovation and entrepreneurship through collaboration and development. Their global network includes accelerators in Massachusetts, Texas, Rhode Island, Mexico, Israel, and Switzerland, supporting entrepreneurs from 81 countries.
MassChallenge offers unique zero-equity packages for startups and through this annual multi-million-dollar competition, give out non-dilutive cash awards to the top startups in each program, complemented by several in-kind prizes. The global Accelerator works across sectors to drive a sustainable future through collaborative innovation.
Discover the MassChallenge Switzerland Accelerator Program 2022
MassChallenge Switzerland’s flagship program is the early-stage startup accelerator that comprises the industry-agnostic program and three industry-specific tracks.
Startups interested in participating in the specific industry tracks can apply via the 2022 MassChallenge Switzerland accelerator application. Startups need not be in any of these industry tracks to apply to MassChallenge Switzerland. Industry tracks are simply an option for startups already specializing in their industries.
In 2022, MassChallenge Switzerland’s industry tracks include:
- Sustainable Food Solutions Track: This track brings together the largest multinational food corporations, world-class mentorship from food experts, and a tailored curriculum focused on sustainability, food, and packaging. The track aims to accelerate the impact of production, distribution, packaging, and food disposal startups.
- Health Solutions Track: Switzerland has a strong heritage in MedTech, life sciences, and social care. This track brings together experts – entrepreneurs, investors, and businesses – to provide a boost for startups in this sector.
- Climate Solutions Track: This track is for startups from any industry that have solutions that reduce GHG emissions. MassChallenge Switzerland is especially interested in startups that have sustainable solutions and technologies that help their partners in the agriculture and engineering sectors.
Leverage MassChallenge Switzerland’s Innovative Acceleration Ecosystem
MassChallenge Switzerland helps entrepreneurs solve the world’s biggest challenges! The program accelerates the highest-potential, highest-impact startups through a selective four-month program that offers:
- no-strings-attached cash prizes of up to CHF 1 M
- an established international community of startups
- free office space
- … all for zero equity!
In addition, startups will also have access to MassChallenge Switzerland’s unique set of industry-leading partners and collaborations through:
- Unrivaled access to 15+ global corporate partners including Nestlé, Bühler, Givaudan, DSM, Louis Dreyfus Company, General Mills, Südzucker, Ricola, PMI, Bystronic, SMC, and Georg Fischer
- World-class mentoring from 400+ experts and tailored programming
- Switzerland-specific advice on regulations and tax, easy access to the European Union (EU) market
- A proven model that has helped more than 65% of finalists raise funds during or immediately after participating in the program
Are you ready to take your business to the next level in 2022?
MassChallenge Switzerland invites applications from early-stage startups – originating from any country or industry, that meet the following criteria:
- Your startup has raised less than CHF 1 M in equity
- Your startup generates less than CHF 2 M in revenue
- Your solution adds value to society and will not damage the climate when scaled (Examples: healthcare solution saving lives; technology reducing GHG emissions)
Important Dates & Program Timeline
- Registration Timeline:
- Applications Open on 19 January 2022
- Applications Webinar on 2 & 16 February 2022
- Applications Close on 28 February 2022
- The MassChallenge Switzerland Accelerator, as well as the Sustainable Food Solutions, Health Solutions & Climate Solutions Tracks, all begin on 6 July 2022
- MassChallenge Switzerland Awards & Closing Ceremony will be held on 27 October 2022
Ready to accelerate your business with MassChallenge Switzerland? Apply here!
MassChallenge Switzerland 2022 Builds on a Successful Track Record
In 2021, MassChallenge Switzerland, as part of MassChallenge’s global network for innovators and zero-equity startup accelerators, awarded CHF 500 000 in equity-free cash prizes and in-kind awards to the top 12 startups and an additional 6 runner-up startups.
Held on October 28, 2021, the MassChallenge Switzerland Awards Ceremony brought together more than 400 viewers from all corners of the world for a hybrid in-person & digital live event. In addition to the cash prizes, MassChallenge Switzerland’s partners also awarded in-kind prizes worth more than CHF 100 000 to startups in 2021. Learn more about the winners of the MassChallenge Switzerland 2021 program:
CHF 140 000 Diamond Winner:
SmartHelio from Switzerland extends the life of solar panels by generating more clean energy and preventing e-waste using its artificial intelligence (AI) and patent-pending internet of things (IoT) sensor solution.
CHF 70 000 Platinum Winners:
- B’ZEOS from Norway offers sustainable, home compostable, and bio-digestible packaging solutions made from seaweed extracts to combat plastic pollution.
- Singapore-based Sophie’s BioNutrients develops a new sustainable plant-based protein out of microalgae using advanced fermentation technologies.
CHF 40 000 Gold Winner:
France-based Umiami creates a proprietary technology to produce better-tasting, more clean-label & plant-based meat and fish.
To become 2022’s winner and take your business to the next level, apply by 28 February for FREE using the code STARTUS2022!
Sharing is caring!