EIT Digital is a Knowledge and Innovation Community of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT). Co-funded by the European Union (EU), EIT Digital builds the next generation of digital ventures, products, and services. It nurtures digital innovation talent, helping business and entrepreneurs to be at the frontier of digital innovation by providing them with technology and growth support.
Discover the EIT Digital Venture Program 2022
The 2022 edition of the EIT Digital Venture Program supports early-stage entrepreneurial teams from 19 countries (see list below) in their journey from ideation to market.
This unique initiative offers an intensive eight-week pre-acceleration program orchestrated by EIT Digital and executed by regional partners. Selected teams are coached on how to develop their Minimum Viable Product (MVP), establish their startup, and raise funds with investors.
Partners of the EIT Digital Venture Program include Found.ation in Greece, Lithuanian Innovation Center in Lithuania, Techcelerator in Romania, KTP in Poland, JIC in Czech Republic and Slovakia, BGI in Portugal and University of Ljubljana (SEB) in Slovenia.
How does the EIT Digital Venture Program work?
- The program starts with an 8-week virtual Pre-Acceleration Phase, providing training in entrepreneurial skills and support to develop and finalize the MVP.
- This stage disburses EUR 5 000 in cash prizes.
- The next stage involves incorporating the startup and presenting a strong MVP – with cash prizes worth EUR 10 000 up for grabs!
- Finally, ventures that find investors are eligible for another EUR 10 000 in cash prizes.
Join Europe’s Leading Innovation Ecosystem
EIT Digital believes in making and shaping a competitive digital Europe that is inclusive, fair, and sustainable. The Venture Program 2022 pushes the needle on European innovation fuelled by entrepreneurial talent and digital technology.
By applying for the EIT Digital Venture Program 2022, you stand the chance to:
- Receive financial support of up to EUR 25 000!
- Develop your Minimum Viable Product
- Establish your deep tech venture!
- Get business development help from top industry experts
- Find your first investor!
Should You Apply for EIT Digital Venture 2022?
The EIT Digital Venture Program takes you from idea to investment in less than a year. The ambitious trajectory takes entrepreneurs with a brilliant idea from concept to MVP, market validation, and funding. The program will be held fully online.
Apply for the EIT Digital Venture Program 2022 if your startup or business idea matches the following criteria:
- You are a multi-disciplinary team of at least two individuals with an innovative business idea, proof of concept (PoC), or prototype
- Your business idea is in the field of Digital Industry, Digital Tech, Digital Wellbeing, Digital Finance, or Digital Cities
- You are a resident of one of the following 19 countries: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, North Macedonia, Greece, Malta, Montenegro, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Romania, Ukraine, Turkey
- Non legal entities only
At the final Pitch Days, teams get the chance to validate their business solution by presenting it in front of early-stage investors, potential clients, and experts from the tech community.
Building on a Successful Track Record
In the past four years, the EIT Digital Venture Program has supported more than 93 teams and over 200 entrepreneurs in their early stage development. Many of these teams have attracted investors during or shortly after the pre-acceleration program.
For example, in the 2021 edition, Polish remote health monitoring startup Horsano raised funding immediately at the end of the program.
Lithuanian startup Revolab is another impressive success story from the 2020 edition of the Venture Program. In a record time of one year, Revolab came from inception to closing a pre-seed round, signing large pre-order deals for its home health tests solution, getting CE and FDA clearance, and expanding to the US.
Ready to bring your innovative deep tech solution to market? Visit the EIT Digital Venture Program’s website to learn more and apply today!
Sharing is caring!